Prevent Auto Theft
5963 E. 13th St
- Never leave keys inside your vehicle or motorcycle.
- ALWAYS roll up your windows and lock your doors. Do not hide a
second key in your vehicle or in a magnetic box under the vehicle.
These are located very easily.
- Do not leave your vehicle running due to the heat or cold.
Thieves watch for this at stores and ATM's. Leaving a vehicle
running and unattended is against the law and can earn you a
- Secure any valuables inside your vehicle OUT OF SIGHT! If you
are on a motorcycle, take your helmet with you.
- NEVER LEAVE THE TITLE IN THE GLOVE BOX!!! Keep it at home or in
a safe deposit box. Thieves forge owners' names and sell stolen
cars. Some cases have resulted with an Oklahoma tag office actually
retitling a stolen vehicle to the thief!
- When buying a vehicle from an individual, make certain the
title matches the name of the person attempting to sell you the
vehicle. ASK to see a driver license. If they refuse, then DO NOT
BUY the vehicle. If it appears too good to be true.then it usually
- Never let someone test drive your vehicle without you going
along. DO NOT give them the keys until you are seated in the
- DO NOT leave your vehicle unattended on private property
without the property owner's permission. Vehicles are subject to
being towed and incurring storage fees.
- DO NOT leave your vehicle on the side of the road if you
encounter mechanical trouble. HAVE YOUR VEHICLE TOWED! It takes
thieves approximately 20 seconds to steal these abandoned
- If you cannot afford to be without your vehicle.DO NOT LEND IT