Minimum Requirements Tulsa Police Applicants
Tulsa City Ordinance defines the duties of Tulsa Police
Police Officers shall be those persons who are employed for the
maintaining order, preventing and detecting crime, protecting the
and property of citizens and enforcing the laws.
The Tulsa Police Department is currently hiring entry level police
(Apprentice Police Officers). Tulsa is located in northeastern
Green Country with a population of 390,000.
- Applicants must be 21-45 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and reside in the Tulsa Metropolitan
area once Hired.
- Applicants may not have been convicted of a felony or a crime
of moral turpitude.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor's degree with a C+
average or better at an accredited college. No military hours or
credits are accepted unless they are received from or converted
through an accredited college.
- Far Visual Acuity of at least 20/30 in each eye with or without
- Peripheral Vision without correction of 140 degrees in the
horizontal median in each eye.
- Ability to distinguish red and green on a standard Ishihara
test for color blindness.
- On average, hearing loss unaided in the better ear not greater
than 40db at 500Hz, 1000Hz and 2000 Hz.