Reserve Applicant Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age. There is no upper age limit.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and reside in or near the Tulsa
metropolitan area once accepted.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Must not have been convicted in state or federal court for any
felony or crime of moral turpitude, or crime of domestic
- Must pass a written aptitude test and physical ability
- Must pass an oral assessment and a background
- Must complete the Background
Information Request Form.
Requirements After Acceptance
- Must have fingerprint clearance from the FBI and OSBI.
- Must have an approved psychological assessment.
- Must pass a medical examination including a drug-screening test
administered by the City Physician.
- Must attend training at the Tulsa Police Training Center for
eight (8) months. Upon completion from the academy, graduates will
be assigned to Field Training Officers for four (4) months.
Training will be provided on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and some
Candidates are required to purchase academy uniforms and other
academy class supplies. The Tulsa Police Department, however, will
furnish police uniforms, basic equipment, and training.